Yo tengo a mental block against blogging. This weekend started off extremely shittily, and gradually improved, to become a good one. After getting branded with a big "Rejection" on my license test I was so frustrated that I wished I had failed it. Not being able to take the test because I didn't a have front license plate was crushing, considering I've put it off like a year. Then Saturday I just felt like everything was snowballing and becoming terrible, and after wallowing in self-pity for a while, I had the best night I have had for a while. Going to dinner with elaina and jacqui was marvelously fun, filled with so many laughs and just general happiness. Sometimes I worry that my own happiness is tied to friendships, something which is natural, but can often be difficult. At the same time, when I am alone or lonely, it usually just takes a song or reading part of a good book to change my mindset. I like the fact that I am independent and I can usually lift my spirits just by myself, while friends are invaluable, and often speed the process up.
On a musical note, Vampire Weekend's Contra is one of my favorite albums ever. I have probably listened to it six full times this weekend. I had heard most of its songs months ago, but I hear so many new and refreshing aspects every time I listen to it. Its also so damn pleasing to the good old ears. It molds to how I am feeling, which is the best thing about music.
Run
Giving Up The Gun

1 comments:

david morrel said...

The 'Cousins' single from Contra has been my favorite song for a bit now. <33333